Effective: January 1, 2017
By joining Zipcar, the Member agrees to pay Zipcar the costs, charges, fees and expenses set out in the Contract, including specifically and without limitation those set forth in this Schedule. The following is not exhaustive and other specific fees, costs and charges may apply. The parties agree that these charges are a genuine estimate of the costs that are likely to be incurred by Zipcar in the event of the Member taking any of the actions described herein. Capitalized terms used in this Schedule shall have the same meaning assigned to such terms in the Contract.
1. Returning a vehicle late (in addition to the per hour fees for use of the vehicle):
$50 ($35 CAD) per late hour or any part thereof, up to a maximum of $150 ($105 CAD) per late return.
2. Charges for canceled or shortened reservations:
- All charges will be canceled or refunded for a reservation (i) of less than 8 hours canceled or changed 3 hours or more before the reservation was scheduled to begin or (ii) 8 hours or longer canceled or shortened 24 hours or more before the reservation is scheduled to begin.
- For a reservation of less than 8 hours canceled, if you cancel or shorten it less than 3 hours before it is scheduled to begin, you will be obligated to pay for the entire amount of the original reservation (a portion of which may appear on your invoice as a cancellation or change fee and a portion of which may appear as usage fees).
- For a reservation 8 hours or longer, if you cancel less than 24 hours before it is scheduled to start, you will be obligated to pay for the full amount of the reservation, up to a maximum amount of one daily rate (a portion of which may appear on your invoice as a cancellation or change fee and a portion of which may appear as usage fees).
- For a reservation 8 hours or longer, if you shorten the reservation less than 24 hours before it is scheduled to start, you will be obligated to pay for actual usage plus a cancellation or change fee equal to the remaining portion of the original reservation, with the cancellation/change fee capped at one daily rate (a portion of which may appear on your invoice as a cancellation or change fee and a portion of which may appear as usage fees).
- In addition, Members will be charged a $3.50 Agent Reservation Charge for reservations, extensions or cancelations which are made by a Member Services representative and not through the web site, smartphone or our automated phone system, except as provided in the Services for Disabled Members Schedule.
3. Damage Fee:
If you are involved in an incident you will be charged up to the maximum amount of your Damage Fee unless you have purchased a DFW. The Damage Fee is subject to change at Zipcar's discretion. Please see the Rate Schedule applicable to your driving plan for your current maximum Damage Fee. Please note that, as provided in Section 5.1 of the Contract, a Member may be responsible for all applicable damages and costs, including those in excess of the applicable Damage Fee, arising from the Member's failure to comply with the terms of the Contract.
4. General Fee:
For any violation of Zipcar Rules, Members may be charged a general fee of up to $150 ($165 CAD) per violation. In addition, the Member may be charged for any internal or external costs incurred by Zipcar (including all repair and recovery costs, loss of use costs, legal fees, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) (a) anytime a visit to the vehicle is required as a result of Rules violation or otherwise as the result of actions of the Member or (b) for any other failure by a Member to comply with any provision of the Contract or the Rules, other than those Rules for which a specific fee or charge is specifically provided in the Contract. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will be charged a fee for any oversight, omission, or negligence on your part that inconveniences Zipcar or other Members, such as returning a vehicle with less than a quarter tank of gas, returning a vehicle in a condition that requires additional cleaning, failing to return or losing the keys to a vehicle, failing to turn off a vehicle's headlights, failing to plug in an electric-powered vehicle at the end of reservation, causing or permitting damage to a vehicle which requires repair or cleaning of such vehicle (internal or external), returning a vehicle to the wrong place or leaving the car in a restricted parking zone, not paying a parking ticket, failing to advise Zipcar immediately of any theft, vandalism or damage relating to the vehicle, etc. Members charged for such costs shall be entitled to an itemized list of charges. Members may be charged for estimated costs pending final repair.